The author of the book: Dane Cameron
Edition: Cisdal Publishing
Date of issue: October 30th 2013
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2108 times
Reader ratings: 6.4
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 867 KB
Read full description of the books:
This book takes the point of view that once you have a strong grasp of the fundamentals, the details will take care of themselves. It will not present you with long lists of APIs, or intricate details of every attribute, these can be found in reference manuals. It will focus on the details of each language that are fundamental to understanding how they work.
1. An introduction to the HTML5 markup language, and how it differs from HTML4 and XHTML.
3. An introduction to jQuery selection, traversal, manipulation and events.
4. An in-depth look at the Web storage and IndexedDB APIs for client side data storage.
5. A guide to implementing offline web applications with the Application Cache API.
7. The use of Web Workers in a web application to execute algorithms on background threads.
8. An introduction to AJAX, and the jQuery API supporting AJAX.
9. An introduction to Server Sent Events and Web Sockets.
All subjects are introduced in the context of a sample web application.
This book is intended for anyone with at least a superficial knowledge of HTML and programming.